😍 Who we look for
- Experts: We look for the top 5% of talent in the world. We offer inspiring projects to work on, smart teammates, flexible working conditions, and fair pay.
- Cultural fit: People who fit with our culture and values (more on these below). You must be someone who will thrive in a distributed team (it’s not for everyone!).
🌎 We’re a globally distributed team
Our team lives across the world in different locations, but we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us. Here’s what that actually means:
- The Samsung Food team is located across the globe from GMT-8 to GMT+9. We have team members based in the UK, US, Russia, Israel, Serbia, Ukraine, Belarus, Korea, and other countries.
- As a team member, you’re able to work from anywhere you’d like in the world. If you’re in a timezone more than +/- 6 hours GMT, you may need to shift your hours in the evening or early morning.
- We hold an in-person company retreat every 9-12 months.
🔥 How we work as a team
As a distributed team, we value processes that help us communicate:
- For communicating as a team, we use Slack as an internal chat tool and Zoom for video calls.
- We use Notion and Google apps (docs, sheets, slides, etc.) for keeping things organized and collaborating.
- Throughout the year, we host meetings to align our company goals and our work together as a team.
- Every two weeks we hold a Strategy Update and Demo where we share what’s going well, what’s not, and what new features we’ve been working on.
- We also host optional bi-weekly meetings for the team to share non-work related updates—whether we’re sharing about a recent trip, introducing new family members and pets, or talking about what books we’re reading or movies we’ve watched.
🌟 Our values
These values serve to create a shared understanding of how our team collaborates and builds products together. This philosophical approach is co-created by the team.
We take ownership
- We are curious. We’re not afraid to explore, question, and try new things.
- We are owners. We honor our commitments. We demand excellence of ourselves.
- We start with yes. We find solutions, not problems.
- We value our craft. We take pride in what we do and enjoy the process.
We delight users
- We’re in it for them. We make a positive difference to our users’ lives.
- We’re data-driven. We make decisions based on evidence, not guesswork/not emotions.
- We love what we build. We take pride in what we are building and aim to always deliver high quality outputs.
We are distributed together
- We collaborate well asynchronously. We strive to connect our global team.
- We support and celebrate each other. We make time to laugh, to celebrate the wins and the learnings.
- We trust the team. We believe a unified team is stronger than any individual.
- We debate, we decide, we deliver. We encourage respectful debate so we can align on the way forward.
We are fast & impactful
- We value speed over perfection. We acknowledge and accept the risk of moving fast.
- We ship to learn. We ship what matters most to our customers and to evaluate our assumptions.
- We innovate and think big. We encourage innovative ideas, set ambitious goals and value impacts.
Communicate Openly & Effectively
- We provide feedback. We share candid and kind feedback to help each other grow.
- We are transparent. We commit to open and honest communication.
- We are flexible. We are adaptable and open to change we embrace change and we value adaptability.
We are candid and kind
- We are direct and honest in our feedback, but follow the 4A model (Aim to Assist, Actionable, Appreciate, Accept or discard)
- We are timely with our feedback – we don’t wait. But we do take the time to be thoughtful in how we deliver it.